Coming up on Scandal303: “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington”
Gladiators, have all recovered from last night’s promo trailer for episode 3.03, “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington” yet? \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/ #ScandalisBACK, Gladiators!!! Get ready for the frame by frame snapshots! Why? Because speculation is always fun!
As Always Gladiators…
My Initial Reaction to the Promo Trailer:
- Every Moment
- Olivia Pope: There are 9 of us here. She has every intention of using the bomb.
- Every Decision
- We got a clean shot. We’ll like to take it.
- Fitz: Do It.
- Is Life.
- Olivia: You Shoot, Make A Move, We’ll All Die.
- What the hell are you doing?
- Fitz: Olivia. Olivia Pope! Someone talk to me!
- Scandal. All New Next Thursday on ABC.
- Jake’s back but can he be trusted? Tweet us at #GoodJake or #BadJake.
- Shots Fired! Olivia Pope APPEARS to be trapped in a building as the bomb Mrs. Smith has on goes OFF! \o/ Olivia APPEARS to be trying to escape by opening that office building window right? I’m going to assume it’s to stop the target shoots, right?
- “I can’t get to you” This is Fitz’s every fear. “I can’t get to you” personified, isn’t it? Olivia Pope appears to be trapped in the building! \o/
- Dirt off your Shoulders! Trust me, Olivia Pope will be fine!
- Run x Panic! Everyone but Olivia Pope is in panic mode and running the heck away from Mrs. Smith.
- The Situation Room. Fitz and his team APPEARS to be in the Situation Room assessing the very credible Mrs. Smith bomb threat. “Do it!”
- Burner Phone. Olivia makes a phone call. All roads lead to Fitz, right?
- OFC. These are the only Scandal characters that appear in this episode promo trailer! OFC is Olivia, Fitz and Cyrus, by the way.
“Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington” – A Midwestern mom hires Pope & Associates under mysterious conditions that lead to a very dangerous situation. Meanwhile, Fitz and Mellie admit their true feelings for each other, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY OCTOBER 17 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET)on the ABC Television Network.
“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob “Jake” Ballard.
Guest starring Cynthia Stevenson as Mary Nesbitt, Mark Moses as Congressman Jim Struthers, Ernie Hudson as Commander Randolph Boles, Patrick St. Espirit as Peter Foster, Brian Letscher as Tom, Sharmila Devar as Lauren, Aarti Mann as Agent Laura Kenney and Joe Morton as Rowan.
“Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington” was written by Matt Byrne and directed by Jeannot Szwarc.
Here’s What We Do Know About This Episode.
- Episode 303, “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” is directed by Jeannot Szwarc!
- S. Marie Bailey: Who Gets This Nice Office for #Scandal episode 303?
- There’s a Abbison scene! (Team #Abbison selfie. It’s on people. Scandal season 3. [Darby Stanchfield])
- There’s a possible Cyrus + David scene. (Shot 1st cy and david scene of S3 the other night w/@joshmalina [Jeff Perry])
- Friday Night Fun on Set
- ^Press Conference in the Oval?
- BTS Fun
- 303 Director
Sound off Gladiators!
- Spoiler: Brenda: LOVED all the Scandal spoilers from Shonda and the cast, thank you! Anything else you can share? Will the new season actually be just as good as season two?
From what I’ve seen so far, the intensity does not waiver! Episode three in particular looks to be bananas, with a sniper and SWAT team and secret service galore. Can you say “Ac-Shun”? Great. Can you also spell it? Cause obvs we can’t.
- Spoiler: Question: Please tell me anything about Scandal. —Katy
Ausiello: Now that Olivia has been outed as the POTUS’ mistress, “She is no longer the fixer,” explains Bellamy Young. “She is like the client. Mellie is the fixer in her own mind. We’re looking at a reelection campaign, so I’ve got to handle it because we need four more years. And Mellie has a very particular idea about who a scapegoat should be, what a strategy should be, how to push it all under the rug so we can get past it and get reelected. Of course, it will no doubt blow up in her face as Mellie’s plans inevitably do.” Bonus Scoop: This season’s third episode is going to be bananas.”So far, I have loved Episode 3,” raves Young. “Episode 3 was one of our best so far. I really look forward to [watching] that.”
- Scandal Postmortem: Jake Finally Returned! What’s Next?
‘Scandal’ Case Study: Guillermo Diaz Talks Huck’s Big Revelation — ‘What the Hell Have I Done?!’